Overview of Product Updates and Licensing Options for Femap, NX, and Simcenter 3D
This whitepaper takes an in-depth look at everything needed to keep software and licenses up to date for Femap, NX, and Simcenter 3D:
- What a WebKey is and how to request one
- How to download new software from GTAC, view product documentation on GTAC, and sign up for software field bulletin (SFB) mail
- An overview of licensing basics, including the difference between floating and node-locked licenses, the pros and cons of perpetual, rental, and subscription licenses, online subscription licensing options, and value-based licensing for NX and Simcenter 3D
- How users can download and install new license files from GTAC, which is required for major software version updates
- Methods for accessing licenses remotely and selecting NX bundles
This document will be updated as new methods become available and is intended to empower users to update their software and licenses without delay. In addition, ATA is always standing by to answer any of your questions, help solve your licensing problems, and identify ideal license configurations that meet your team’s requirements.