Introduction to Femap with NX Nastran: Analyzing a Bracket Assembly
This tutorial outlines how to use a number of Femap’s core capabilities.
Concepts that are covered include:
- Importing and simplifying geometry
- Generating mid-surfaces and preparing geometry for meshing
- Creating materials and various properties(shell, solid, and beam)
- Meshing with quad and tetrahedral elements, checking mesh quality, and using mesh controls to adjust the mesh
- Applying constraints and bearing loads
- Creating a connection property, defining regions of contact, and applying the connection to the model
- Analyzing and post-processing the deformation of the model.