Solid Edge is an industry-leading mechanical design system with best-in-class tools for creating and managing 3D digital prototypes at an affordable price point.
Solid Edge is the most complete 2D/3D CAD system available to engineers today. Solid Edge’s comprehensive and easy-to-use modeling and assembly tools enable your engineering team to rapidly develop everything from single parts to complex assemblies contain thousands of components.
Its unique 2D/3D hybrid design capabilities allow designers to use the right tool at the right time while continuing to keep all geometry in sync, while it is the only mainstream mechanical system that merges design management capabilities with the CAD tools that designers use every day.
Solid Edge’s advantages include:
- Complete digital prototyping: 2D and 3D modeling and beautiful photorealistic rendering.
- Superior sheet metal design: full support for entire design-through-fabrication process.
- Massive assembly support: manage complex assemblies with more than 100,000 partsProduction ready drafting and documentation: drawing layout, detailing, annotation and dimensioning controls that automatically comply with your mechanical drafting standard.
- Scalable simulation: use Solid Edge Simulation Express for individual parts, Solid Edge Simulation for assembly analysis, or Femap for analyzing complete systems.
- Improved collaboration: collaborate across teams, departments and with external suppliers and customers.
- Synchronous technology: models can be edited faster and in a more flexible manner than traditional, history-based technology.
- Apps: third-party companies provide an ecosystem of specialized apps to extend your capabilities and provide you with comprehensive solutions.
The newly released Solid Edge ST10 portfolio brings every aspect of your product development to the next level with next generation design technologies, fully integrated flow analysis, new 3D printing tools, more options for creating technical publications, perfect control of design data at any scale, and the ability to securely collaborate on the cloud. Request a demo or free trial now to explore what these features can do for your product design.