ATA Engineering is pleased to host the upcoming Wharton San Diego Business Forum on the dynamic business of commercial drones.
Small unmanned aerial vehicles, also called remotely piloted vehicles or drones, have been growing in popularity and prevalence, making their way into the market as toys and being put to use in a variety of industries, from agriculture to energy. This forum is about the business application of drones in the emerging markets and commercial applications that are starting to attract customers and capital. San Diego is the nexus of an extensive amount of drone, robotics, and aerospace research, and stands to benefit if this industry takes off. This business forum will bring together key leaders from across the commercial drone industry to discuss its potential and the challenges it may face.
The forum is scheduled for March 19, 2015, at 5–8 p.m., at ATA Engineering, 13290 Evening Creek Drive South, Suite 250, San Diego, CA 92128. Registration is $45 per person.
Please register now to take part in this exciting discussion.
- Differences between the commercial and consumer drone markets
- Where drone companies find capital and who is investing
- Technical challenges that remain for drone manufacturers
- Drone types, prices, and trends
- Regulatory challenges and mitigation
Ellen Chang, board member, Wharton San Diego
- Jill Meyers, Owner and President, Meyers AeroConsulting LLC, aerospace management consulting
- Eileen Shibley, President and CEO, Monarch Inc., manufacturer of remotely piloted vehicles based in Southern California
- Gareth Keane, Investment Manager, Qualcomm Ventures
- Treggon Owens, CEO, Aerial Mob, a company that uses drones to give Hollywood new and creative perspectives
- William Janicki, Aviation Attorney and Symposium Chair, Air Law Institute
About ATA Engineering
Headquartered in San Diego, California, with offices in Herndon, Virginia; Los Angeles, California; Denver, Colorado; Huntsville, Alabama; and Seattle, Washington, ATA Engineering, Inc., is a high-value provider of analysis- and test-driven design solutions for structural, mechanical, electromechanical, and aerospace products. ATA’s staff has provided advanced test and analysis solutions to manufacturers of highly engineered products for more than thirty years. In particular, ATA is widely recognized as a leading provider of structural dynamics, thermal design, modal test, vibroacoustics, and test-analysis correlation services to the aerospace community. To learn more about ATA Engineering, please visit www.ata-e.com.